Sunday, May 4, 2014

Paper plate name caterpillar

Lumpy enjoys craft (as I'm sure you have figured out), she also enjoys writing.
I had stocked up on 25 cent packs of small paper plates after Christmas/new year period, so I wanted to do am activity to use some of those up.
I decided on a paper plate name caterpillar. She could paint the plates, write her name, glue on the face and have some help with the legs and stapling the plates together.
This activity was completed over 2 days - waiting for the plates to dry and Lumps got sick and sleepy (and slept 14 hours).
Another easy and cheap craft idea. Which will be getting hung on her wall. She is very proud of her 'perfect caterpillar'!.
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE having craft supplies in old coffee jars?! The opening is perfect for little hands, it keeps the supplies tidy and easily visible, making then enticing for a creative mind.

We did 7 plates - one for each letter of her name and one for the head.
Painting the plates for the body of the caterpillar. 
good thing we use a craft apron...
Writing her name - one letter on each plate
trying to get the goooogly eyes
Perfect yellow eyes.
Helping mummy stick down the legs
The finished product. One very proud Lumpy!  (yes I am aware that some letters are written back to front)

No comments:

Post a Comment