Thursday, May 22, 2014

Too old for busy bags?!

Oh dear, it would seem I managed to delete the words from this post when I uploaded more photos!! So, Basically I was worried Lumpy at 4 is too old for Busy Bags. However I made her three to take to an appointment I had today, Last week they ran 1 hour 45 late, that is way too much tablet time for my likings! I googled busy bags and a lot were aimed at younger kids. I found a few for older kids though. Lumpy has a well stocked craft supply area, SO I grabbed some bags and made 3 simple basic activities 1) I cut an egg carton and wrote a number in a colour - the idea to use the pom poms of said colour and count out that many- i made sure to include a few extra for each colour so she had to count. I guess I could make this more difficult by having higher numbers?
2) pipe cleaner and beads to thread, works fine motor skills,
3) felt pens and a flower paddle pop stick to make a wand.
This was the first activity she wanted to do at the appointment, she loved it and did it again in the car on the way to a play date after the appointment!
Threading as of course a success, she loves making bracelets. When we got home this afternoon she actually went u to the craft area and dded more beads to that one and then got her coloured buttons and a new pipe cleaner and spent ages threading through smaller holes.
Please share any bust bag activities/ideas you have for the 4yr + range. especially that will fit in a snack or sandwich sized zip lock bag. I need ideas for a 14 hour plane flight later this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment