Thursday, October 20, 2016

Christmas decorations!!!

Pretty sure it's no secret how much I love Christmas. So, I was pinteresting away looking at lots and lots of ideas on things to make and do for Christmas.
I saw a cute little frame with a glitter reindeer (Original here) and I decided to give it a try!
I checked a few departments stores and cheap stores but was unable to find the glittery reindeer. So I decided to make my own! It was a very quick and easy activity, Lumpy will be able to do some with me. Also considering we had most of the supplies it was also very cheap and I am pretty impressed with the end result!



Supplies required -
Photo frame of your preferred size (I used a spare I had)
Printed silhouette of reindeer (I did a few different designs so I could see which I like best)
Paint and glitter in colours-  I went with silver and blue colour theme - (already had these also, well Imade do with a lighter blue paint)
Backing paper/card - I went with silver wrapping paper we already had, however the next one I want to make, I think I will use card in the colour.
Glue that dries clear
Gather supplies
Once you cut out your preferred silhouette, give it a coat of paint.
While the paint is still wet, sprinkle with our glitter (once dry you may need to touch up a few spots to get even cover)
Glue on to backing paper once dry (I didn't get a photo of this step), and pop into frame. I left the  glass and boarder on.
I think I will do an A4 sized one for this space. As much as I love Christmas I wont be leaving this set up! it will go away with the other decorations until 1st December 

No comments:

Post a Comment