Sunday, November 9, 2014

Frozen inspired ribbon wind sock

My sister in law planted the seed of a ribbon wind sock in my head a few weeks back. I saw hers this weekend and the blues reminded me of Frozen dress/merchandise colours.
I wanted to make one! My original plan was for Lumpy to make a rainbow one to hang outside for her and 2.0. LThe frozen inspiration part made me decide to do it as a surprise.
Off to the shops I went searching for blues and silver or white ribbon. I looked for a single snowflake Christmas decoration, this was unsuccessful. Is found a back of 6 baubles that were white with silver snowflakes.
I went to a second hand shop and found a bell and some pretty Christmas decorations for 50cents for the lot!
I used - 
* Covered wire (I have also seen people use embroidery hoops)
* 3 lots of ribbon
* Binding 
* Decorations (had to be fairly light as the wire isn't the strongest)- optional
* A ring to hang the finished sock
* Hot glue gun
* something to hang the decorations - like fishing line
Supplies ready to go. I used 3 different ribbons - all blue but different width, colour and patterns/textures. i had a selection of decorations bug only used a couple.
I did two loops of wire, Covered with the binding for strength and glued into place.
I precut my ribbon to the length I wanted. Hot glued them on in single ribbons. You can also twist them on so it's two pieces together.
The ring to hang it from the ceiling
Bell. I didn't want anything too noisy.
Now to pick up Lumpy and see if she notices it hanging from her ceiling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment