Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Soap crayons

With all this horrible wet weather we have had. I have had to find things to do and make that are low cost and indoor. I wanted something different and fun for both Lumpy and I.

An amazing friend gave me a great book Small fry play (Susie Cameron & Katrina Crook, Written by Sue Cant). It has a recipe for soap crayons - I thought I would give it a crack.

1 cup of soap flakes to 1 tablespoon hot water (I grated my own!)
Mix until paste like add food dye
put it in a mould for 2 days.

can be used as soap or a crayon - Lumpy colours in the tiles in the bath room. She then also uses a washer to erase it!

I really enjoyed making them. The more time that passes the more "set" the crayons become.
1 cup of soap flakes


a chunky paste (i got impatient!)
In the mould ready to set.



not too bright but visable

easily removed!


Give it a go! they really are quick to make and make bath time fun and easy - plus your tiles get cleaned!

No comments:

Post a Comment